Tuesday, October 14, 2008

P is sick

It has just been congestion and a cough. Gunky though. Fortunately no fever. We just put him on antibiotics on Saturday to take care of an ear infection. I took comfort in the fact that would head off anything else that might be lurking. He's fine in the day other than his faucet of a nose, but the cough turned "wet" today, and I was thinking this was the home stretch... just had to cough all the yuckies up.

I was wrong.

Poor little guy had a long, rough night. Ryan was at a Young Farmer's meeting, then went out to eat with the guys. Meanwhile, mama was home trying to console an inconsolable baby. He was just screaming and moaning in pain. Then came the vomit. Lots of it. I was rocking him in the glider when I heard the sound. Immediately we were both COVERED. It kept coming and coming. Dinner, the bedtime bottle, the whole nine. It was like a war zone. We got in the shower for damage control, only to be followed by another 2 hours of agony. I guess about 10, we finally got him down for the night. It was brutal.

No comments: